Hey guys, I am so excited to share this amazing Chicken Marsala recipe with you all. It’s a recipe from Ina Garten, also known as the Barefoot Contessa. She is definitely one of my absolute favorite people to watch when it comes to cooking shows. This recipe is perfect for a cozy night in and is super easy to whip up with just a few simple ingredients.
- 2 split (1 whole )chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow plate and dredge the chicken in the flour, turning to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Pour the Marsala in the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for a few minutes to heat through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
If you don’t have Marsala wine, you can also use a dry white wine or red wine as a substitute. It won’t be the exact same taste as traditional Chicken Marsala, but it will still be delicious!
13 Things You Never Knew About Ina Garten
If you’re a fan of Ina Garten like I am, you may be interested to learn some fun facts about her! Here are 13 things you never knew:
- Ina Garten was born on February 2, 1948 in Brooklyn, New York City.
- She wasn’t always a chef – Ina worked as a budget analyst in the White House during the Ford and Carter administrations.
- She taught herself to cook through various cookbooks and cooking classes, eventually opening up her own specialty food store called Barefoot Contessa in East Hampton, New York.
- The store was so popular that she ended up publishing her first cookbook, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, in 1999.
- Her husband, Jeffrey, is often mentioned on her show and in her books. They have been married since 1968.
- She is a huge fan of Paris and often visits the city for inspiration.
- Her signature look – denim button-up shirts and a pair of pearls – was inspired by a French women’s clothing store owner she met in the 1970s.
- She has a net worth of over $50 million.
- She is good friends with Taylor Swift and even cooked a meal for her during the filming of her music video for “Lover.”
- Her favorite store in Paris is Goyard, where she buys her famous monogrammed tote bags.
- She loves all things French – her favorite French word is “potager” which means kitchen garden.
- She has a line of cookware, pantry items, and frozen dinners at Williams Sonoma.
- She is known for her love of comfort food, such as roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese.
There you have it – now you know a little bit more about the one and only Ina Garten! I hope you enjoy this Chicken Marsala recipe as much as I do. Happy cooking!
If you are looking for Recipe Chicken Marsala Ina Garten – Recipes Web u you’ve visit to the right web. We have 5 Images about Recipe Chicken Marsala Ina Garten – Recipes Web u like Breaded Chicken Marsala | Food Network, Recipe Chicken Marsala Ina Garten – Recipes Web u and also 13 Things You Never Knew About Ina Garten | Ina garten, Thanksgiving. Here you go:
Recipe Chicken Marsala Ina Garten – Recipes Web U
Chicken Marsala Recipe Ina Garten
marsala rachael rachaelrayshow
Breaded Chicken Marsala | Food Network
chicken marsala food
Chicken Marsala Recipe By Barefeet In The Kitchen | Recipes, Marsala
13 Things You Never Knew About Ina Garten | Ina Garten, Thanksgiving
contessa countryliving townandcountrymag blueandwhitehome
Recipe chicken marsala ina garten. 13 things you never knew about ina garten. Chicken marsala food